Sunday, January 8, 2012

The anticipation

I will look back someday, and see this day as a blur, a distant blur, somewhere in the past. I will think how insignificant, yet significant this day was. Just as everyday passes, It is one step further from birth, one closer to the close. With every lesson learned, and every street traveled, every smile and every tear, I learn, I travel and I express what many others have felt, but In a unique way.
I see the smiles of people. I often times smile back, many times I turn my face as to not disturb a rhythm I am stuck in. But this very rhythm is one to escape. You see, the world is a beautiful place. We are beautiful people. This is something I often forget.
We have power. we have awesome power. We have a power that is given which is greater than all existence. Although we breath with all creation, we are also the stewards, the caretakers of this beautiful world, and I, and you are "my brothers keeper."  What does this mean? It means what, while it is easy to be self absorbed (I am one of the worst offenders) and to stay in your shell, your own little universe,  It is difficult to apply oneself to be of the community, to be a host to strangers and to share. While it is in some peoples nature to be affectionate, compassionate and hospitable externally, I believe it is in our nature to be all of these and more to all people.

I am in anticipation of my upcoming trip to study in Athens, Greece. I am getting the nervous itch to just go. My goal? to meet as many people as possible, to share with all people I come in contact with. To host a spirit of learning, of hope and of happiness. Mt 19:26.

No comments:

Post a Comment